June 30, 2007

My first FO for my blog!

Let me start off by saying that even though I love to knit, I don't have very much time to do it. I usually only knit on the weekends, and not always every weekend. So, FO's come very few and far between. Although it has taken me almost 2 months to complete this pair, I am very proud of these. This is the most complex pattern I have worked to date.

yarn: Yarn Pirate "black water" colorway
needles: Clover DPNs size 2
pattern: Pomatomus by Cookie A.
start date: late April
finish date: June 29, 2007


I also won my FIRST blog contest! Jana, at White Oak Studio, names her hand dyed yarn after T.V. shows. Wool Girl has started selling her yarn at her shop. So, they had a blog contest where everyone gave their favorite T.V. show. Then you had to describe yarn to match. I tied for first place. Yippeee!! First place was a skein of yarn dyed to match your show's description. I just got it in the mail today, and it's just as I imagined it should be. Each skein also comes with hand made matching stitch markers. Wool Girl also added in a packet of wool soak. I've really been wanting to try it. She topped it off with a hand written note to congratulate me on winning. (yah me) I love to get yarn packages, don't you?? Well, that's about it for today. Thanks for stopping by!

hugz~ :)

4 comments:

wheatgerm said...

now thats hat you call a sock

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful sock! that's my favorite colorway, too :).

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,

so glad you like the tvyarn!!

Jana at www.whiteoakstudio.etsy.com

Kristy said...

I saw those colors and thought it had to be for Lost! Great job :)

Your socks are looking wonderful, too! I heard that's a time consuming pattern. I'm glad it came out so well.